I know the treadmill is monotonous and avoiding running outside on extreme weather days makes me soft but:
1) I can listen to music on it but can't outside because it throws off my rhythm - there is no rhythm when you are on a treadmill because pace is constant.
2) The weather is always perfect except at Holiday Inn in Kingston in the summer when its 110 degrees and 90 percent humidity. Running is hard enough that I don't need weather to be a factor.
3) Pace is completely in my control, satisfying my OCD. I don't have to worry about how fast or slow I am going.
4) I can meticulously measure miles, again satisfying my OCD.
5) I don't need to pack as much on trips during the winter, although I still tend to overpack.
I know I need to start running, biking and swimming more outside as I target Boston and sub 12. Plus that will give me opportunity to buy more gear. But first one last run on Holiday Inn treadmill.